Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Affordable Makeup-Everyday Eyes Tutorial

Hey Everyone!

Makeup is an amazing thing! It really helps us ladies amp up our look and accentuate the features we like the most! Whether you like to play up your eyes, have nice flushed cheeks, or brighten up those lips, makeup can add a lot of fun and versatility us ladies who want to look fresh and cute everyday!  I love switching up my makeup all the time to create new looks. One thing that is always consistent with my makeup is that I always play up my eyes more than anything else, because I like the focus to be on them! While makeup is a great and fun tool for daily use, it can get expensive! I love to snoop around stores like Sephora looking at all the amazing options out there, but I usually can't afford to buy those things all the time, though I occasionally like to splurge. So this is a tutorial for super affordable and easy everyday eyes. I got most products mentioned at Walmart for a total of about $10-$12, which is amazing because it's something you can wear all the time! So here we go!

Step 1: On a fresh clean face, start by putting on a base. This is really optional, and I didn't include it in my $10-$12 price range, but it does make your makeup last all day without creasing or smudging off, so I do suggest it. You can buy an eyeshadow primer, use a concealer or foundation you already have, or even a cream eyeshadow (I suggest Maybellines 24 hr eye tattoo, its amazing!) I use the Palladio eyeshadow primer from Sally Beauty supply. One tube costs about $8 and lasts for about a year, so it really is a great investment!

This is the Palladio shadow primer, which is a great more affordable option compared to the popular Urban Decay Primer Potion, or Two-Faced Shadow Insurance. Note: if you buy this, it seems like you run out of product after about 3 months, but all you need to do is rip out the plastic stopper at the top and you can get almost a years worth of use out of it! It's a bit tricky to get the stopper out, but definitely to it! I used tweezer to yank the top out of mine!

Step 2: Get yourself an eyeshadow trio from Wet n' Wild. The truth is, these are actually amazing eyeshadows! I think they get a bad rep because they are so inexpensive and they are sometimes placed with the younger girl makeup in the stores, but I'm telling you they are great! They can sometimes be a bit powdery, but they have awesome pigmentation, are really smooth, and look beautiful on! I'm using the trio called "Walking on Eggshells" which is perfect for a natural everyday look. This is what it looks like:
Step 3: swipe the bottom colour that says eyelid, all over your eyelid! Imagine that! 


 Step 4: take the middle shadow that says crease, and yes, swipe it into the crease! This really doesn't have to be super clean or perfect because you are going to blend it out after, so just go for it!

 Step 5: take the top colour that says browbone, and swipe it onto the brow bone while blending out the crease colour. And also place a small amount into the inner corners of your eyes to lighten them up.



 -This should be what it looks like so far:


 Step 6: This step is optional! If you like a really neutral/natural look you can skip this step, if you're like me and like to make the eyes a little more dramatic, even on natural eye days then go ahead an get yourself a black eyeliner. For this I used an NYC waterproof Black Eyeliner. NYC is another company that gets a bad rep for the same reasons, but go ahead and give it a try, because this eyeliner is great! It comes in several different fun colours and costs less than $3! Awesome!



 Ok so go ahead and line your upper lash line, and if you like go for the lower lash line too!


 Step 7: Now get a black mascara, I use the Maybelline Great Lash "LOTS OF LASHES" in blackest black. 

Put the mascara on your upper lashes, and again if you want to your lower lashes


And that's it! Pretty easy and very affordable! Here's the final look!







Hope you like it and try it out!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment